Westland Water Saving Gel 250g
This specially formulated water-retaining gel that has the capacity to hold 400 times its own weight in water. This water is absorbed and released throughout the season, as the plant needs it. After each watering the crystals re-charge absorbing water. This ability to store water reduces water stress in plants and helps retain flowers and fruit in times of hot weather and during rapid plant growth. The contents are sufficient to treat 50 litres of compost.
Advanced water retaining gel
Capacity to hold 400 times its own weight in water
Water is released throughout the season as plants require it
How does it work?
Westland Water Saving Gel is an advanced water holding system that has the capacity to hold 400 times its own weight in water. Water is absorbed and released as the plant needs it. Reduces water stress in plants and helps to retain flowers and fruit during hot weather and rapid plant growth. One application lasts all season long.
How to use:
Planting pots, containers and hanging baskets
• Measure the number of scoops as directed in the table
• Mix thoroughly with compost using a trowel or by hand and fill the bottom three quarters of the pot/container
• Fill the rest of the container with compost
• Water well twice, a few hours apart, to fully charge the gel
Pre-planted pots, containers and hanging baskets
• Make a number of holes in the surface of the compost and fill with the appropriate amount of Water Saving Gel as directed in the table
• Place half a scoop of Water Saving Gel in each hole.
• Water well twice, a few hours apart to fully charge the gel.
• Wear gloves when handling
• Store in a cool, dry place away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals
• Store away from children and pets
• May be harmful if swallowed
• Reseal bag after use
• Sweep up spillages which may become slippery while wet
Product Data Sheet (Opens in new window).